Skip to main content

Finally!

So it's been a rough but very exciting week. I had a summer cold, which is never fun. However, during that time I didn't have any anxiety. Pretty sure that I just felt so horrible that my anxiety was so minimal compared to my cold that I didn't notice it. I will take that win. #celebrateyourwins

The exciting part though...my non-profit is up and running. Not that we are really doing a lot yet, but it's the fact that we are doing it. We have a long way to go but our focus now is networking and getting our partnerships built. 

Our goal is providing financial funding to those with economic hardships to obtain the mental health care they deserve. Project Mental Health Freedom is a non-profit here in Colorado to help with the financial aspects of Mental Health Care. So many people, even with insurance coverage, can't afford the out-of-pocket costs of their mental health services that they need and deserve.

The goal with this non-profit is to help provide funds for people in need. Nobody should go without the therapy or medication they need just because they can't afford it.

Today was our first day "up and running" so to speak. We have our social media presence started and will continue to grow that. I am currently working on our website which I hope to have up and running shortly (projectmentalhealthfreedom.org). This is very mentally exhausting as well as exciting.  #pmhfreedom

I am so driven and passionate about this cause that even though I know there will be many hurdles along the way, and I welcome them. Hurdles were always my favorite in track. Plus any bump in the road along the way, will be a good time to take a step back and look back at what we have done so far and visualize what is to come. 

My OCD will be in overdrive and my anxiety will be at all time high levels, but both for a good reason. To be honest, I welcome it in these situations because something major is happening people! 

Stay focused on your dreams and goals; you'll get there! Even though you might have to crawl through the mud in a few spots and slip right through others, it will happen. Mental health goals are the same as any other goal, we have to work at these to see them happen it doesn't just happen overnight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peace and Inner Tranquility

There are several things that bring me peace and inner tranquility, hiking, kayaking, and riding on the back of my hubby's motorcycle. These are a few that come time mind right now. Today was one of those days where I had nothing but peace. We went for a ride up the Poudre Canyon and during those hours, I had nothing but peace. No OCD symptoms, no anxiety and my ADHD was not even in view. Only thing in view was nature, natural beauty, or God's glory, whatever you want to call it. I had truly found my inner tranquility. It was perfect, other than the few bugs that decided to cover my helmet shield.  If you don't know what this feels like, go find it! Everyone needs to have these places or things that give them this feeling. It could be anything from taking a long bath, reading your favorite poem, or book, or even just sitting in your favorite spot. Take it in, breathe, listen to your surroundings, and enjoy them. Don't let those thoughts, f

Be A Mental Health Advocate - Ya Know

Feeling Accomplished...Or Not

Ahhh! Accomplishment!! Doesn't it feel amazing? Yes, I love when I can say, "Well yes, I did that." or "Yup, I finished it.", but today wasn't that day.  Hours of painting at the top of a ladder, all for not. Yup, the color doesn't match. Second mis-tint in a row, fail home improvement store, FAIL ! Now mind you, I have a paralyzing fear of falling. (Icing on the multi-layered cake my friends of my mental issues. LOL) I could be 2 inches off the ground or 15 feet, like I was part of today.  However, I was still able to prevail. Even though I have to paint the areas all over again, and have to deal with that height again; I still won. Yup, that's right people, I still said I won.  Every time I face my fear of falling it gets a microscopic bit better. I mean barely even a noticeable amount easier for me. I am not looking forward to climbing that ladder again. To be completely honestly with you, I want to tell the store they need to come and red