Skip to main content

Live Music & Crowds!!

I love music! Listening to music during the day helps soothe me, or even uplift me, depending on what I am listening to. On a nice rainy day, there is a certain style of music that I crave, which even though it is a bit of depressing, it is what I want to hear at that moment. 

I enjoy listening to music live even more. However, with my OCD and anxiety it can be an extremely difficult thing to do even though I love it. This evening we went to see Judah & the Lion, which I was hesitant about at first. I love the band, and I wanted to go, but at the same time, I was torn and I didn't want to be in a big crowd.
 

OMG huge crowds with people in my personal space is pure hell! It was 95+ degrees out, which means hot sweaty bodies all around me. The simple thought of someone touching me, just made my skin crawl. When we first got there it wasn't bad, but slowly the closer it got to starting, more people surrounded us. We were fairly close to the stage, which others wanted to be there too, so they were pushing their way in front of us. STOP! Stop touching me, is what I wanted to scream every time someone brushed their nasty sweaty body against my sweaty nasty body.  

My OCD and anxiety was winning at that point, but as soon as the band came out and started to play I started to relax; because music has that effect on me. That's the thing, music helps me relax and enjoy the moment. I can totally get lost and fully embraced in the music that I am listening to. Feeling every beat and note, and just become one with the music that is surrounding me. Tonight however, even though music has that effect on me, I was struggling off and on with the crowd all around me. 

I had my own ways to deal with the situation (rocking back and forth on my toes, taking up as much space as I could), and I managed to enjoy myself more than I expected to be completely honest. The brand is a true believer in people, they love everyone and they said that basically we all need to look past things and see each other all as a big family. I loved this, with all the hate today, this was truly nice to hear. We all brought something with us to the consert, whether it was depression, stress, anxiety or whatever, but they wanted us all to leave it and enjoy the moment. I loved this. Based on their past as a band, I believe they truly meant what they said tonight. They were speaking to me in so many ways, it was pure enjoyment listening to them perform. Not only were they great musicians, they were incredibly entertaining. They had a great view on life and I think it showed through their performance and love of what they were doing. 

We all need that love of what we are doing, enjoying the moment we are in when it is happening rather than after the fact. I know I struggle with this. During the moment I am too concerned with my irrational fears and other anxiety and OCD issues, rather than enjoying it. Tonight I managed to have both for the first time in a long time. I enjoyed the moment! I can honestly say that I don't have to enjoy it after the fact. Believe me, it was really tough, I mean really tough, but I made it through unscathed.

Tomorrow I will listen to them again, not live of course, but I know the feeling with be different. I am interested how it will feel to me at that time. We'll have to wait and see, I really hope that I can honestly say it was better live. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peace and Inner Tranquility

There are several things that bring me peace and inner tranquility, hiking, kayaking, and riding on the back of my hubby's motorcycle. These are a few that come time mind right now. Today was one of those days where I had nothing but peace. We went for a ride up the Poudre Canyon and during those hours, I had nothing but peace. No OCD symptoms, no anxiety and my ADHD was not even in view. Only thing in view was nature, natural beauty, or God's glory, whatever you want to call it. I had truly found my inner tranquility. It was perfect, other than the few bugs that decided to cover my helmet shield.  If you don't know what this feels like, go find it! Everyone needs to have these places or things that give them this feeling. It could be anything from taking a long bath, reading your favorite poem, or book, or even just sitting in your favorite spot. Take it in, breathe, listen to your surroundings, and enjoy them. Don't let those thoughts, f

Taking Time For Yourself

It's so easy to speak out and tell others to make sure that you are taking some "me time", but following through with it myself is not so easy. I need to practice what I preach, so to speak LOL. It turns out it can be really hard to take time out for myself.        Every morning I am trying to get up 30 minutes earlier for "me time" on my back patio. I sit there and drink my coffee, water my veggie garden, and watch the pups run and play in the backyard. This is a nice time every morning to just relax before starting my day off.  This is typically all I can do for myself every day. For me cleaning typically is a relaxing thing to do. Yet at this time, I don't even enjoy that and I can't say that is relaxing like normal. So I actually have to set time aside every day, in sessions throughout the day, so I can make sure that I can "try" to relax and think about me. I am the person that will always be there if I am needed or asked to help.

Feeling Accomplished...Or Not

Ahhh! Accomplishment!! Doesn't it feel amazing? Yes, I love when I can say, "Well yes, I did that." or "Yup, I finished it.", but today wasn't that day.  Hours of painting at the top of a ladder, all for not. Yup, the color doesn't match. Second mis-tint in a row, fail home improvement store, FAIL ! Now mind you, I have a paralyzing fear of falling. (Icing on the multi-layered cake my friends of my mental issues. LOL) I could be 2 inches off the ground or 15 feet, like I was part of today.  However, I was still able to prevail. Even though I have to paint the areas all over again, and have to deal with that height again; I still won. Yup, that's right people, I still said I won.  Every time I face my fear of falling it gets a microscopic bit better. I mean barely even a noticeable amount easier for me. I am not looking forward to climbing that ladder again. To be completely honestly with you, I want to tell the store they need to come and red